Frequently asked questions about the mobile app
As an Electrify Canada Pass or Pass+ member, if you’ve downloaded the Electrify Canada app* and added a valid payment method to your account, you have two ways to start a charge by smartphone:
1. Using the digital membership pass, which requires tapping or holding the smartphone near the charger’s RFID reader.
- First, plug the connector into the vehicle. Follow all steps on the charger screen before tapping or holding your phone near the reader.
- Android users: Ensure that NFC is turned on in your phone settings and that the smartphone screen is unlocked before tapping the smartphone to the reader—look for the symbol below. The Electrify Canada app does not need to be open.
- iOS users: Open Apple Wallet or the Electrify Canada app. Tap the smartphone to the reader on the right side of the charger—look for the symbol shown here
2. Using “Swipe to Start Charge” from within the Electrify Canada app.
- Ensure that your smartphone’s location services are enabled, the Electrify Canada app is installed on your phone, and you are logged into your account.
- Open the app and from the map screen (or your Favourites), select the charging station where you are located. You must be near the charger to start a charge.
- Select the charger by referring to the Charger ID number at the top of the charger’s screen, and swipe to start a charging session.
Hint: Look for the last two digits on the charger your vehicle is plugged into.
*Messaging and data rates may apply
When you sign up for Electrify Canada Pass or Pass+ in the mobile app, follow the prompts to add your credit card to your account. Then select an amount to automatically load money to your Electrify Canada balance.
This amount will be added to your account the first time you charge your vehicle at an Electrify Canada charging station after signing up. Every time your balance falls to or below $5, your account will reload with the amount you selected.
The cost for charging, idling, and any applicable taxes will be deducted from your balance at the end of your charging session.
If you’re a Pass+ member, your monthly subscription fee will be charged to your credit or debit card when you sign up and deducted from your Electrify Canada balance monthly thereafter.
To ensure you can seamlessly charge your vehicle at an Electrify Canada charging station, every time your wallet balance falls to or below the minimum wallet threshold, we will automatically charge your card on file to auto-fill your wallet in the amount you select. If your payment method is declined during a charging session, please update your payment method on your account to allow Electrify Canada to auto-fill your wallet so that vehicle charging can continue. If the payment method is not updated, charging will stop when your wallet balance reaches $0.
No, you can use your existing Electrify Canada account credentials to sign in to the new app.
The app will allow you to connect to your Electrify HomeStation™ charger. You’ll be able to start and stop charging, as well as set up a schedule for charging your EV.
Yes. The Electrify Canada app is available for iOS and Android.
No, the Electrify Canada app is not required to use your HomeStation™. However, in order to experience all features of the HomeStation™, the app is required.